4 "C's" Every Online Business Needs To Care AboutJorge Guevara - Monday, April 05, 2010
One of the questions that customers ask is: "How can I make my online business perform?" Usually I'd respond "Great question Bob, and if I knew, I'd tell you."
Poor Bob - there's no shortcut that I can offer him. But I can tell him some things you might want to concentrate on - we call them the 4Cs, and it's a sort-of formula that Bardia first articulated a few years back. It's been proven again and again to be a useful formula, and it's one of the driving philosophies behind the development of WebpanL.
So what are the 4C's? Well, there's four words and they all start with C (how surprising).
They are Content, Credibility, Conversion, Customer. Let's examine each one quickly.
1.ContentIt's no secret that if you want to be found in search engines, you need great, focused content that's useful to your readers. If you give your customers the sort of information they need, then you're building a relationship that grows trust and credibility, which is going to work in your favour when their ready to purchase. Which brings me to the next C...
2.CredibilityPeople like to do businesses with credible companies, companies that they can trust. Building credibility is often done through having great content, but you can also have a community with forums, write a blog, use customer testimonials, have an attractively designed site... the list goes on. Basically - just make sure that when you look at your site with fresh, unbiased eyes, you'd think "Yeah, I'd do business with myself."
3. ConversionHow do you convert browsers into paying customers? That's what conversion is all about. Conversion is assisted by great content and high credibility, but there's more to it than that too! For example: how easy is it to become your customer? You should be using clear calls to action and "sign posts" throughout your site to point people where to go when they're ready to purchase or sign up.
There's so much more out there around conversion - too much to go into here. Suffice to say - it's very important, and needs attention.
4. CustomerThe final C is Customer - and yes, it's all about customer service. I've written about customer service several times, so I won't go into too much detail. Suffice to say, your customers are the most important thing in your business - so treat them like it!
And that's a quick wrap of the 4C's of Online Businesses! Tackle each C one at a time, and use them to tune your online business. If you tune these four areas in your online business, you're setting yourself up for success!
- Entic Before and After
- ACM Capital Partners Before & After
- Stand Out and Be Heard!
- Health Clubs of America Gets A New Look!
- What makes a good logo?
- 4 Classic Pitfalls Small Business Owners Make Online
- Adobe Incontext Editing - now Beta on WebpanL
- Crock-Pot Ready Made Meals
- Kruisin Krome 2010 TV Spot
- 4 "C's" Every Online Business Needs To Care About